
Sorry I haven’t posted since last year. I could make up a whole bunch of false reasons why I haven’t posted such as too much school, been busy over the holidays, etc, but that wouldn’t be true. The reason why I haven’t posted in awhile is simply because I haven’t had a vision for a post.
Over the past months I’ve been praying and considering what to do with my life. Some of you have probably gone through this before. To be perfectly honest I have no idea what the Lord wants me to do when I exit high school. Not a single clue. I’m the kind of person who likes to have clear, specific directions of where to go next and how to do it. But during this time the Lord has and is showing me how to wait on him and his strength.
“Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary.” ~Isaiah 40:30,31
Sometimes there comes in our lives a time to run vigorously with a sudden burst of speed and another time to slow down and conserve our strength. I’m not saying that we are to ever stop (Heb. 12:1), but that sometimes God causes us to slow down in order to see how weak and fallible we are. This will also show us how strong he is and how we need his strength.
The Lord is an everlasting God. He never changes. Sounds cliché doesn’t it? But this point needs to be stressed. When the Lord brings us to a time of waiting he shows us how he never changes and that he is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Even though we might slow down and become desperately tired, the Lord will be there to gives us his strength to continue.
When the time has come that we slow down, and there seems to be no direction, keep praying and reading scripture (Eph. 6:18, 1 Tim. 4:13)! Though it seems like this is a time of rest, we are to still continue running. We are to run with endurance still. We are in a time of spiritual war, and just as in a real war when you aren’t fighting on the frontlines and you’re back home, you continue to train. You may be called to a different “department,” but the goal is the same. To know more and make known the Gospel and what a great God that we serve.
5 comments:
Hmm...
I'll pray that you recieve direction.
Thanks Charlie.
Great reminders Caleb! Your blog is a source of great encouragement!
~Mrs.Troyer
Great post!
Na<><
Your blog is one of my favorite things to read! Keep up the good work. Your posts are very encouraging.
Post a Comment