Look familiar? This verse is the theme of my blog because I want to use this blog to encourage young believers in their walk with God. One way that we grow in our walk with God is by reading his Word.
"Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners; nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the LORD; and on his law he meditates day and night." ~Psalm 1:1-2
"All of Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work." ~2 Timothy 3:16-17
These verses show us that the word of the LORD is profitable. It shows us how to teach, reprove, correct, and train in righteousness. For the one who wants to be a man or woman of God it shows them how to be efficient for every work that the Lord puts before him or her. Not only that the one who studies God's law is blessed.
In order to pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, we need to know what they are. Where do we find out what they are? If I was wondering what kind of a horn the Cape Horn is, and I looked up the word "horn" in a biology book, I probably would get a different answer than the one I'm looking for. However, if I was to look it up in a geography book, I would get the answer to my riddle. The point of this analogy? Scripture interprets Scripture. Since I read in my Bible to pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, I go to my bible for their definition.
I encourage you to read your bible, to meditate on it day and night. Though it may seem like drudgery right now, the long term benefits will come.
"How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to you word. With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from you commandments! I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. Blessed are you, O Lord; teach me your statutes! With my lips I declare all the rules of your mouth. In the way of your testimonies I delight as much as in all riches. I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways. I will delight in your statutes; I will not forget you word."
~Psalm 119:9-16
Go to: Part One, Part Two, Part Three
2 comments:
Amen! We all need reminders to read the Bible more.
amen, dude. we gotta be all up in the Word, or else we get lost in the world. thanks for reminding us about this!
Post a Comment