Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Not Everyone Is Called the Same


"Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord; and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God empowers them all in everyone. To each is given the manifestation of Spirit for the common good... All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills."
~1 Corinthians 12:4-7,11

Several months ago someone asked me to do a service for my church that I am physically unable to do. I would have loved to do it, but it was not within my ability. I was really disappointed about not being able to do it. However, the Lord used the above verse and some encouragement from my pastor to show me that I need to press on in the areas that the Lord has gifted me in.

You are never to stop being faithful where the Lord puts you. If the Lord has given you a gift, then use it. Don't waste it and spend your time moaning about how you can't do something. If you are gifted in an area, then work within the area that the Lord has appointed you. You are part of one body, the church, and in order for the body to work it must have all of its parts functioning (vs. 18-20).

No comments: