"Therefore, He had to be made like His brethren in all things, so that He might become a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. For since He Himself was tempted in that which He has suffered, He is able to come to the aid of those who are tempted."~Hebrews 2:17, 18
I think it is amazing that Jesus, came down for our sins. But not only did he come and just die, though that would have been enough to save us, but he endured through temptation. He endured and was perfect through his temptation. Now indeed there is someone worthy to follow with all me heart, soul, and mind. He is able to comfort us and lead us out of every temptation, because he has been tempted and found perfect.
Let me give an example. If you were to go skiing for the first time, who would you want to teach you? A newbie like yourself? Probably not. Someone who has researched it all their life, but hasn't actually done it them self? They may have the know how, but they can't really relate to it. No, I want someone who has been on the slopes. Someone who has had years of experience and seen what it is like.
Jesus has been there. Wherever you are he has faced that temptation. He knows what we go through daily. Isn't that amazing? Our king is not only able to comfort is with words how to face temptation, but he has also endured through it.
"No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it."
~1 Corinthians 10:13
God will provide a way out. If we are being tempted by our sin, all we have to do is ask God for the strength to continue to follow him. God has promised to see it through with us. He won't leave us alone. He has promised to never leave us or forsake us. He is there with us in our darkest sin, and will provide a means to come back to himself.
As we go through temptation, take comfort in this. Trust in God! He has been there before you, and will be with you wherever you go. Sometimes we don't realize it, but he is with us in we are in sin. Pray earnestly that he will lead you out of temptation. He is faithful to answer our prayers.
"Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, you are there;
if I make my bed in Sheol, you are there.....
Search me, O God, and know my heart!
Try me and know my thoughts!
And see if there be any grievious way in me.
And lead me in the way everlasting!
~Psalm 139:
As we go through temptation, take comfort in this. Trust in God! He has been there before you, and will be with you wherever you go. Sometimes we don't realize it, but he is with us in we are in sin. Pray earnestly that he will lead you out of temptation. He is faithful to answer our prayers.
"Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, you are there;
if I make my bed in Sheol, you are there.....
Search me, O God, and know my heart!
Try me and know my thoughts!
And see if there be any grievious way in me.
And lead me in the way everlasting!
~Psalm 139:
No comments:
Post a Comment