Thursday, September 25, 2008

The First Post

My theme verse for this blog is 2 Timothy 2:22 "So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call upon the Lord from a pure heart (emphasis added)." I hope to encourage young people to pursue God wholeheartedly. The word pursue isn't some word that we use when we halfheartedly go after something. A pursuit generally will take blood, sweat, and tears. It will take all three of these things in our pursuit of righteousness, faith, love, and peace, but it is well worth it. I'm not writing about pursuing God because I'm some expert on it. I'm just a homeschooled kid who wants to serve the Lord. I especially want people to comment here and give me their supplements to what I write. I could use all of the advice I can get.

I can't wait to see what God will with this blog.

3 comments:

all for Jesus said...

Caleb,
Your blog looks great!
I look forward to reading it!

Your Sister,
Naomi<><

cj said...

I'm so glad you started a blog! It looks great! I really like the name too.

About the post, yes, it will take a lot of hard work to pursue God. I'm so glad he gave us a helper though, the Holy Spirit.

All 4 Jesus
-Connor

Austin said...

Great blog Caleb, I look foward to being able to read it in the furture. The name is sweet. I'll cya Sunday.

Austin