Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Glory of God

Before I get in to this I want to apologize that you haven't heard from me in awhile. I've been sick and kind of busy for the past few weeks. Without further ado here's the post.

"And above the expanse over their heads there was the likeness of a throne, in appearance like sapphire; and seated above the likeness of a throne was a likeness with a human appearance. And upward from what had the appearance of his waist I saw as it were the gleaming metal, like the appearance of fire enclosed all around. And downward from what had the appearance of his waist I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and there was brightness around him. Like the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud on the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness all around.
Such was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. And when I saw it I fell on my face, and I heard the voice of one speaking."
~Ezekiel 1:26-28

This passage always amazes me. Can you get a picture of all this glory? Can you feel the mountains tremble at his voice? Yet, this is God, the very one who died for our sins! He became man, how is that possible? He died, how does God die? He instructs us in the way of truth. He lifts us up when we are weak. He is our shepherd and King of kings!

It is so amazing that he even would listen to us. Us! Weak and fallible humans. However, he wants us to come to him. He wants us to draw near to him. Is he not good? Truly there is only one thing that is amazing. It is God.

2 comments:

cj said...

The glory of God amazes me. To think that a King with such incomprehensible greatness is the one who humbled himself and died for wretches like us who, were so great in sin that we ourselves can't even comprehend how sinful we are. The thought of what the "King of Kings" did for us is the most pride crushing thing I can imagine.

Charlie said...

He truly loves us!