Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pray


If you are at all like me you will probably be sick of hearing this. However, I decided to risk it and try to encourage people to pray for what has happened during these elections.

When I first heard that Barack Obama won the election, I was in utter shock. I seriously did not think that many people would vote for him. Then I heard that all of the people that we were supporting did not make it into congress. Also, all save one of the amendments we supported or opposed went the opposite way. One thing that stuck out to me, when I heard this was Obama is still a man.

1 Timothy 2:1-4

"First of all, then I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life , godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to knowledge of the truth."

Whether we like it or not, Senator Barack Obama is now our future president. A socialist and pro-abortionist, he is in a "high position." But he is still a man. He still needs a savior. We need to pray for him. We need to pray for our country's leaders, that they would make wise decisions, lead us well, but most of all that they would come to know the Lord. If they already have accepted Christ as their savior, we need to pray that they would grow in their walk with him.

4 comments:

Charlie said...

Yep, you are right. We should pray for him.

Austin said...

You are totally right.

Kaleb said...

Your right

Lydia said...

Great Post. I really wasn't shocked when I heard he won. So many people are deceived and want the new. Though I was prayerful that GOd might show us mercy (read psalm 85) i knew all was in His will. A man in our church rightly said, "This is God's man for us. I can't wait to see what He will do" It may not be what we want, may not be what we like but God always does that which brings Himself most glory. Yes, I will pray and it's good to know others are praying with me.